LVN II - Harbor City MOB - Urgent Care-Evening (On-Call)
Location: South Gate
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician
provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of
practice and within established standards of care, policies and
procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Mission,
Vision and Strategic Plan of the organization. Demonstrates quality
and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats
co-workers, patients, families and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of
competency, considering age related needs of the patient as
prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following
established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor
surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify
physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician
order following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair. Apply
principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed
by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary
personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients,
following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing
procedures following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed. Patient/Care Procedures:
- Explain purpose and process of examinations, tests and medical
procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care
- Review, explain and clarify physician orders with patient.
- Instruct patient in use of home equipment.
- Administer patient first aid.
- Apply basic orthopedic devices, as ordered by physician.
- Apply and remove dressings.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder
irrigations, suction procedures and throat irrigations.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Administer enemas.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and provide
emergency patient treatments
- Lift patients.
- Monitor patient vital signs.
- Monitor patients for bleeding.
- Observe machine monitors.
- Administer inhalation therapy.
- Participate in development of nursing care plans.
- Perform surgical preps.
- Prepare and position patients for procedures.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations.
- Provide therapeutic care as ordered by physician.
- Rinse and clean instruments and equipment.
- Sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Arrange for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Monitor supply of oxygen and gas tanks.
- Complete laboratory, radiology requisitions and specialized
- Notify appropriate personnel of abnormal lab test results.
- Answer member inquires.
- Observe patient condition for reactions during and after
- Remove sutures following established protocols.
- Respond to Code Blues.
- Take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc.
- Obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.).
- Perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood
- Prepare specimens and specimens for lab analysis.
- Perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Perform vision screening using Snellen chart.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests, following established
- Perform skin tests.
- Assist as member of surgical team.
- Assist physicians with endotrachael intubations.
- Assists physician in obtaining tissue specimens and
- Assist with proctological procedures (i.e.
- Restrain or support patients during procedures.
- Perform EKG's (electrocardiograms.)
- Assist patients with ambulation and exercises, following
- Administer topical or aerosol medication as ordered.
- Administer medications as prescribed, within scope of
- Transport patients to/from designated areas.
- Route specimens to laboratory.
- Transport laboratory specimens, medical records, laboratory
supplies and materials.
- Transport office supplies and materials, patient related
supplies and materials.
- Transport equipment, and procedures trays.
- Request charts/medical records.
- Schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments.
- Initiate follow up appointments with patients.
- Check in patients/members.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Provide patient information to family members, following
patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Record and send Fax's.
- Screen patient calls and take messages for providers.
- Maintain department logs.
- Maintain and update user manuals.
- Monitor and maintain protocol manuals.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Order medical supplies and equipment.
- Receive, store and distribute materials and supplies.
- Replenish linen.
- Adjust work schedules and/or reassign personnel as
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions
and assisting in problem solving.
- Participate in special projects and studies.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor activities within the module.
- Function as team leader.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties and
procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain proficiency in clinical skills.
- Answer call lights.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Call in telephone prescriptions, following established
- Assume other activities and responsibilities as directed.
Pay Grade: 25
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years)
experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
--- This is an on-call position, days and hours may vary.
--- Must be a team player, have strong KP Health Connect & customer
service skills, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, & have
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Lakewood , LVN II - Harbor City MOB - Urgent Care-Evening (On-Call), Healthcare , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...